Before you go:
Some last-minute housekeeping items:
● We recommend packing 1-2 extra outfits, mini toiletries, adapters, and any required hygienic items/medicines in your carry-on baggage in case of lost luggage. If you are checking a bag, we recommend purchasing AirTags…you can learn more about them here: https://amzn.to/3znppug
● It would be beneficial to download a few apps. Here are a few we suggest: https://tayloredtours.wordpress.com/2021/12/22/theres-a-travel-app-for-that/
● I suggest using a purse with a top zipper to keep your cash away from pick- pocketers. I would suggest not to put any valuables (wallet, phone, etc.) in an unzipped pocket while traveling.
● Either prepare to purchase/rent a portable wifi device for your phone, or add data to your cell phone plan. I would suggest the unlimited daily plan (if your carrier has it) because this will allow you to use your Google maps to get around if this is needed. Contact your phone carrier before you travel.
● Your electronics will most likely have a lesser power through a converter, but all items will need a converter and/or adapter to work. These can easily be found on Amazon prior to your departure.
● Notify your banks and all credit cards that you will be traveling by entering the information online.
● Verify with your bank if you have foreign transaction fees, and if you do, I suggest using a credit card for purchases to avoid unnecessary charges.
● Take out the local currency prior to departure. This will need to be ordered ahead of time at your bank. In the event that you have any issues with your cards/banks, you will have some cash to carry you through until your card is cleared for use.
● Make copies of your passport and license. Keep one copy in your purse and one in your luggage in case of a missing passport. This would allow a replacement to be issued more easily (of course, this is the worst- case scenario).
● Share your itinerary link/document with a family or friend, so that they are aware of your locations in the event of an emergency.
● Put the U.S. Embassy/ Consulate's information on both of your phones for easy reference.
● Passport, TSA Pre-Check, and Global Pass (if applicable) should be entered 72 hours prior to departure. Passports are accepted on-site, but any TSA and Global Pass must be entered 72 hours prior to being honored. It is highly recommended to verify that all of your information has been entered as you wish.
● Please note that flight times are subject to change and that itineraries may not always provide this adjustment. It is important to check your flight times within 24 hours of departure. It is also a good idea to have your airline’s app on your phone. Please plan to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours early.
● Specific seating is subject to change dependent on the aircraft and airline adjustments. Please ensure that you have selected the seating that you prefer, as we cannot guarantee this. Be aware that seating is subject to the discretion of the airlines at all times.
● It is imperative that you review all bookings prior to departure to ensure that all information is correct. Once a traveler is checked into their airline booking, the agent is no longer able to adjust this on their behalf. In order to best prevent any issues, all bookings are required to be reviewed by the traveler for accuracy.
● In the event of delays or cancellations, please work directly with the gate agent and customer service for assistance. This is most efficiently handled in person and by the direct guest. We are happy to be a resource, but the actual booking is the ownership of the client once they have been checked into a flight.
Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!
Travel has a tendency to challenge us and push us outside of our comfort zone (what a beautiful thing!). It is important to remember that life happens, and travel plans can get derailed. While we absolutely hope that this is not the case during your trip, it is the reality of experiencing a new place. In the event that items are impacted by circumstances beyond our control, I am happy to be a resource. While I will be on a different timezone, and may not be able to be responsive immediately, please also use the contacts provided directly with your vendors.
Copyright © 2020 Taylored Tours - All Rights Reserved.
INDEPENDENT AGENT OF CRUISES & TOURS UNLIMITED
IN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA,
A TRAVEL LEADERS NETWORK AFFILIATE AGENCY
FLORIDA SELLER OF TRAVEL REF. NO. ST15578
CALIFORNIA SELLER OF TRAVEL NO. 2090937-50
WASHINGTON UBID NO. 603189022
IOWA REGISTERED AGENCY NO. 1202
Your next adventure starts here!